PLR or private label rights can provide excellent results for your business. However, before you buy PLR content you must understand its basis and how to use it. With PLR content you can use it as is, or rewrite. There are a number of different PLR products including articles, reports, e-books, newsletters, blog posts, and so much more.
The Different Resell Rights Terms
Private Label Rights Products (PLR)
This is the most popular type of resell rights out there. It allow the buyers to modify, use and resell the products as they wish.
Most of the time PLR products come with the raw source file for you to be able to edit as you like. For example, instead of just the PDF file, you can get the raw .doc formats for the particular PLR product, to edit as you like.
If you like to add more words or remove certain words, you are able to do that and save as completed PDF version, before reselling. This way you can even end up improving the product and reselling the improved version.
This is also one of the types of rights that usually allows you to put your name on the product, as the author or creator, if you desire, before reselling.
In some cases, you can also resell the ‘rights’ to resell the products to other marketers.
As explained further in Wikipedia, “While licenses differ with each author and seller, the basic premise is that the license permits buyers to re-brand the content under their own name and brand (excluding copyright). In general practice this means that the product can be modified, sold, resold or repurposed in many different formats. In some cases authorship on the original product is allowed and with unrestricted private label, buyers are often able to resell the same rights they’ve acquired although not all private label releases offer or permit license distribution or transfer.”
Master Resell Rights Products (MRR)
This type of resell rights allow the buyers to use and resell the products as well as resell the ‘resell rights’ to others.
In this case, modification of the product is not allowed but selling of the product is allowed as well as selling of the ‘rights’ to resell by others.
Putting your name as the creator or author is also usually not allowed with these type of products. You resell such products as they come.
The advantage of MRR products is that you can make money from reselling the rights to other people, as well as from actually selling the products directly. That’s why most people prefer MRR products.
Basic Resell Rights (RR)
This type of resell rights allow only the use and resell of the products to end users.
This means you can use the products yourself and you can resell the products to other people.
However, you are not authorized to resell the selling rights to other people nor are you allowed to modify the product before reselling.
Personal Use Only (PUO)
Products that come with this are usually meant only for personal use.
This means you can use the products yourself but can’t resell the products themselves nor can you resell the rights to the sell the products.
And you are free to use it for any kind of personal use you want.
Giveaway Rights (GR)
Products with Giveaway Rights allow you to give them away for free. You can give such products away completely free on their own, or bundle them with other products you are giving away.
Many products with this right also have Master Resell Rights, meaning you can sell them, sell the rights to others to sell them, and give them away.
But remember that if you only see “Giveaway Rights” but not “Master Resell & Giveaway Rights”, you can only give away but can’t sell.
With the explanation of the different types of Rights out of the way, let’s move on to the actual ways of making money with resell rights products…
Regardless of the type of resell rights you get to any product, what’s most important is that you can make a lot of money if you know what you are doing. There are an increasing number of people who have joined this bandwagon and are making good money reselling such products.
Before checking out all these ways to making money online with PLR products, let’s get something out of the way…
It’s impossible to attempt making money with all of these methods, no matter how awesome a marketer or online entrepreneur you are.
It will be overwhelming to even try.
Instead read through them to help you determine which will resonate the most with you.
And even more importantly, reading through some or all of these ways of making money with PLR might show you the ones that will work best for your particular circumstances.
So, don’t think you should pursue all of these ideas.
In fact, you can’t and shouldn’t pursue all of them. You should only pursue those that appeal the most to you, especially given your interests and/or particular circumstances
Let’s also look at some PLR tips that will help you get the results you want when using PLR content.
How To Earn Money with PLR: Best Tips
Here are just some ideas of how you can use PLR ebooks, reports and articles:
- Build your list and get subscribers with PLR. Use Private Label Right or Resale Right ebooks, reports or articles as a free bonus giveaway to entice your visitors to sign up to your list or newsletter. Use additional PLR articles to provide follow-up messages to your subscribers.Additional reading
- Provide Mini E-mail Courses. Use an autoresponder to set up automated e-mail courses and deliver them to your subscribers over several days or weeks. Add your affiliate links in the report or sell a popular related product to your subscribers!
- Use PLR for affiliate marketing. Insert your affiliate links and earn affiliate commissions.
- Create home-study courses! Online courses are popular! And PLR content can make it easier to create them.
- Give away reports. Put your name on a private label report. Sell the report or give it away to subscribers or as a bonus to a paid product.
- Sell ebooks. You have all rights to the product and can market it like you want. Many PLR products come with sales letters and even graphics. You can sell ebooks as is, change them, or add additional content. You can sell them directly from your site, to your list and on social media.
- Create your own info products. Use one or more PLR products to create a unique new product. In just a few hours you can put together your own info product and have it ready for sale. There is no easier way to create products. When you have your own products, you can have affiliates and joint venture partners promote them.
- Add content to your blog or website. Provide content on your site or blog regularly and build up loyal followers.
- Add content for your newsletter. Use in your newsletter or blog. Use the PLR content as is, change it, break it up, do whatever you want with it.
- Use content to create PDF files and submit to document sharing sites.
- Use content to create videos to post on your blog and submit to video sharing sites.
- Create physical products. Compile into a physical book to sell. Use the PLR info to create physical CDs and DVDs. Combine audio, video, and text documents to create physical products.
- Create Amazon Kindle books. Use the PLR content to create Amazon Kindle books and publish it on Amazon.
- Develop a membership site and makeresidual income by using quality PLR in your niche.
- Increase your credibility. By providing good content, you’ll become an authority in your field of expertise.
Important Steps On How To Use PLR Content
1. Buy PLR products to resell to consumers. This is the easiest way to generate revenue with PLR products. If you are just starting out just buy a single PLR product. If you are good at writing sales copy you can buy any PLR product and write your own sales copy. Make sure you have purchased the right to rewrite. It’s a common mistake to assume that just because you purchased a PLR product you immediately get those rights.
2. You can purchase PLR products and then edit to mirror your needs and then sell to consumers. To accomplish this purchase PLR products and take the source files, then edit them to meet your knowledge and experience. Giver the product a new name, convert to a PDF file and create your sales page where you will sell it. This method is a quick and easy way to get an eBook to market. It allows you to create a fresh take on a topic that’s relevant to your site by using the existing content of the PLR and then recreating newer, fresher content.
3. Take the PLR products you bought and resell to other marketers. If you do change the products you’ll want o create your own sales page where you will offer it to marketers. Many an internet marketer is making money just by reselling someone else’s PLR products. It’s a quick way to get a business online up and running and requires little investment or time.
4. Purchase a number of PLR products and then combine them into a single package and sell to consumers. You’ll have to take time to put together a package that will be popular. You can get a little creative here and offer consumers what will be perceived as a great buy. Mixing similar products has a high sell through rate.
5. Purchase PLR products, edit them, then take the new product, and resell it. You can create a PDF file and sell the resale rights to the new product you created. Again if you are looking for your own product line but don’t want to write from scratch or hire a ghostwriter PLR products offer you great value.
6. Rewrite PLR Content – while you don’t have to rewrite it, to get the maximum benefit from it you’ll want to rewrite it so the content becomes original and Google or other search engines don’t penalize you for duplicate content. Sometimes you will buy PLR content that is poorly written or that you don’t agree with, so rewriting will ensure your traffic gets the message you want them to receive.
7. Give PLR Content a New Purpose – if the PLR content you purchased was an e-book you can break it down into a bunch of articles or blog posts. If it was a pack of articles you can turn it into an e-book. Bottom line is you don’t have to use the material provided in the format it is provided.
8. Change Graphics – graphics are often overlooked in PLR content yet they should always be replaced in your PLR material. It will instantly give it a makeover appearing original and like your own material.
9. Give it Away – Use your PLR as a free giveaway incentive for your visitors to sign up or purchase something else. However, before you start giving it away you had best read the fine print to make sure it is allowed. Some PLR does not allow it to be used this way.
10. Brand It – When you rewrite or restructure your PLR content make sure to rebrand with your company name, your logo, and any affiliate links. Your PLR should blend with your business niche and it should target your market.
When you follow these five tips, your PLR content will become all it can be. Sadly, far too often PLR content is purchased but never used, or if they do use it they do it in a poor manner that is of no benefit to their business or their profits.
Rather than letting your PLR content lay around doing nothing, put it to work so you can begin to enjoy the excellent results and the potential profit that is there waiting for you.
How to Use PLR Articles
PLR or private label rights articles are become more popular as more and more people discover how valuable they can be to their online business. PLR articles are purchased generally as part of a membership or in a package. You can then use them however you like or even rewrite them. You are not required to provide a link back and this makes them increasingly popular.
When you comprehend the idea behind private label rights, you will see why so many people find them attractive. The majority of people can see the significance of adding PLR articles to their site, but there are a number of other ways to use PLR content. Let’s have a look.
1. Add to a blog – Just like you would add PLR article content to your website you can add it to your blog. Use the entire article or just a portion. Create a daily tip, provide an opinion, or use the blog in any manner that works for you.
2. Newsletter – If you need content for your newsletter you can use a PLR article for content. You can use the entire article or excerpts. It’s a good idea to edit the articles so that your voice comes through in a newsletter that’s targeting your customers.
3. Podcasts – You can take the PLR article and turn it into an inspiration for your podcast. Just add content and you are finished.
4. Begin an e-course – If you have purchased articles that are themed you can use them to quickly build an e-course. Just add autoresponder and you’re ready. Here’s an example: “Three ideas for Starting a Home Business,” can become a 3 day e-course.
5. Create a report – If you need a special report you can combine several PLR articles together on the same topic and transform them into a report.
6. Direct Mailings – If you have a list of mail addresses you can create a free report from your PLR articles and mail it out. It becomes a powerful tool for your business.
These are our best ways for you or anyone to start making money online with resell rights products, regardless of their current experience or skill set. There are many others taking advantage of the power of resell rights products. You can be one of such people, if you take action on one or more of the above mentioned methods.
Most people will read all of this and won’t take any action. If you are one of such people, please remember that it’s in the action taking that you get any results at all. Nothing else will matter if you don’t take action.
Even if you take action on just one or few of the above ways to make money with resell rights products, you will get some result, which you can expand on as you go along.
Whether you consider yourself a newbie or an experienced marketer, you must TAKE ACTION, to get any results.
Newbies will read some or all of this article and get very exited. But it’s not in the excitement that the money is made; it’s in TAKING ACTION!
As for experienced marketers, many might read, shrug their shoulders and say to themselves “I know all that stuff”. We are all guilty of such thoughts. They hold us back rather than help us forward. If you did know all that stuff, are you taking enough action on what you do know?